Sunday, November 25, 2007

Weekend Update: Days 4 & 5

It's the weekend. I ran a bit farther. I did a new route and an old route I hadn't been on in a while.

Saturday, I hit the river trails for some slower cruising around. It was nice to mix it up. In the back of my head I was trying to determine how much trouble I'd have on a mountain bike. 5-6 miles total.

Today, I ran down to the lake. I went by the beach. I thought this might be a gutsy (or gusty) move with the cooler temperatures. Turned out not too bad. Since running in 20F Friday, mid-30's seemed great. 6-7 miles total.

This brought my weekly total to nearly 22 miles. If we consider I didn't start until Wednesday, this is a good start to the new run frequently plan. I won't say my shins aren't tight. While it's too soon for weight numbers, I feel lighter. And like most times I run more, I'm more encouraged to eat somewhat more appropriately. Win, win, win. I'll take it.

No comments: