Sunday, December 31, 2006

ZAP!

There it is January 1st. Like hitting the reset button on your calendar. I don't feel much different. But it's '07, the year of the Ironman. Who knows what else this year will bring. Kids will turn 5 this year. Travel? Yes! Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves with predictions.

Now, for the stuff I think I know... In accordance with the Ironman training, and just general improvement. I'm fashioning new rules. A few are restatements of what I have long thought anyway.. Here goes.

  1. 25 is the new 15. The goal here is to make 25 miles a short ride. This will mean getting up earlier for my Tuesday / Thursday rides.
  2. Run at lunch.. It's either that or eat. Why not? It breaks up the day and every 30 minute run helps my frequency and overall miles without necessarily killing me. This is also the only way I'll see 4 or more runs per week.
  3. Stick with what worked last year on the swim. Consistency (3x per week) and drills. I never got fast, but if I can get out of the water after 2.4 feeling fresh, it's a win for me.
  4. Rollers and trainers don't move. Thus they are not subject to rule number one. The alternate wording to this rule is "30-60 minutes on the trainer or rollers is better than none".
  5. See previous blog entry for notes on "what is my goal?" in regards to my weight and eating. My confidence is so-so. But if I'm going to do it, then January 1 is the time.
  6. In the midst of all these "easy" to write down fitness related goals. I'd like to do this all more efficiently/effectively. So, I can make more time for friends and family.
  7. Here's one I should add to the list.. but I know better. "Go to bed earlier, and get more sleep."
At that, I'll cut this entry short.

No comments: