Tuesday, February 07, 2006

'Ello Milwaukee

Meet my Milwaukee Bicycle Co. "The Orange One". This is a pic of just the headbadge. Undoubtedly, you will see more later. But I have to keep you wanting more. I can say this is my first fixed gear, and I don't know what I have been doing all these years without one. What could I have been thinking? I love that bike. The other day, I went out on it for about 2 hours. It is no longer any big deal to do so. It doesn't bother me that I can't coast. And even in the final minutes of my ride (when I somehow started freezing after being fine for the first 100 minutes), it was cool. The "no coast" requirement is still a feature in my book. If you like biking and don't have a fixed gear..... Well, as Ferris once said, "if you have the means, I highly recommend it." Or something to that effect. While I'm on it, I ain't shilling for the "Milwaukee Bicycle Co." folks. Alterra neither (more on that later). Posted by Picasa

No comments: