Saturday, February 25, 2006

What it's all about...

Certainly, there are those weeks where one must just get out at the end. Stress builds. Committments pile up. This is why I do triathlon. This is why I swim, bike, and run. But there is nothing like a good 2-3 hour "just for the heck" of it outdoor bike ride to enjoy the outdoors. Tempuratures were in the 20's. It was bright and sunny, but plenty of wind was out there to keep me humble. Of course I rode the fixed gear bike on this wonderful winter day. I have completely forgotten what it's like to not be able to coast on my bicycle. I don't even give it a thought now.
Here is a picture of my ride near the end of the workout. Note the crashing waves in the back and a bit of snow on the ground. This is after about 30 miles and a couple hours. Nothing like the fresh air. Sure, I had to thaw for a while once I got home. But, I wasn't reduced to anything unhealthly.
Shortly after I took this picture, I succssfully avoided my favorite coffee shop (Alterra on the Lake). I new it would be hard to get back on the bike and in the 25 degree weather after a cup o' joe. Ahh well then, time for a decent nap. Until next time.... Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Grumpy Hacker said...

You go, boy! Personally, I've forgotten how to swim and I only run to save my life, but maybe I can go biking with you sometime? (Only if we do stop at the coffeeshoppe, though.)

tosacrosser said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. I don't yet know who you are but I suppose that will happen given enough clues. Anyway, thanks for linking my blog. I'll do the same.