Monday, March 10, 2008

Please Shovel Your Walk

I like the benefit of running on ice. It has allowed me to focus more on picking me legs up and less on actual speed. All around, I expect this to help.

Be that as it may, many of you still don't seem to realize everyone else has shoveled their walk. It's just you and the neighbors on your block that forgot. Look around the rest of the neighborhood. You will be flabbergasted at the clean dry walks all over. Then you might think how nice it would be for the postal worker who delivers for your house not to have to drudge over the ice and through the near frozen puddles to get you your mail. But JWM, you say, "the postal crew lives for foul weather." OK then, think of the runners. I know you hate them anyway. But really, is hatred any reason to negligently provide them a way to fall and hurt themselves? Hurt badly enough, one might need a wheel chair. Then one certainly won't be able to pass your front walk.

Luckily though, I welcome the challenge and feel my run is better for it.

Special thanks to those of you that live in live on corners and can afford yearly security system fees, but not someone to shovel.

And no, I didn't fall on my run today.

1 comment:

Triteacher said...

Ever slab of ice has a silver lining??

I know that you are relishing the challenge and all, but I can't help trying to be helpful - YakTrax work. There. I said my piece!